Thursday, September 11, 2008

100 Words - 7

In 100 words, do I tell you about my sister who worked in 1WTC, but thankfully went in late that day? Or do I tell you about my husband, who I didn't know then. He’s in the FDNY. He lost so many friends that day. Do I talk about trying to find my mother, who was on vacation overseas, before she saw it on TV? Do I talk about the fear my husband and I live with every day, not knowing what he breathed into his lungs, doing 60 days of rescue and recovery on the pile? Words aren't enough.

--from KCB in Progress

5 comments:

Delenn said...

True, it so hard to describe all the feelings and emotions, all the things happening. When I try to remember it, it is blurry but in focus. So much happened that day.

ali said...

what a moving post. i'm glad your sister went in late and hope your husband doesn't have any long term physical effect. so tragic.

Jill said...

There are no words. My prayers are with your husband. I hope his health doesn't falter due to his heroic actions.

Anonymous said...

My cousin, who was on the FDNY list for 7 years before getting on, just had to quit and go on disability due to severe asthma from working Ground Zero. And this is 7 years later! The effects of that day are still affecting those brave responders.

Anonymous said...

Thank him for us.