Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grief

It comes unexpectedly. A few days ago I was moody, irritable, snapping at everyone for no reason--and then I realized that it had been exactly four weeks since we lost Lucky. No wonder I was feeling that way. It is like the grief and sadness can eat away at you from the inside even while you are completely unaware of it.

The next day I got my first post-miscarriage period. Damn. There is nothing like menstruation to remind you that you are not pregnant. Nothing like cramps and headaches to be a dull reminder of what you have lost and what you don't have and to make you feel simply crappy all the way around.

Click here to continue reading...

Aurelia is the contributing editor for Early Pregnancy Loss. She writes daily at Aurelia Ann. She provides "thoughts-written-out-loud" in words and pictures.

No comments: