Thursday, September 11, 2008

100 Words - 18

I flicked on the TV, just to catch the news. The same, sickening, colossal images over and over again. Mass murder on the morning show. 8am in Australia; late afternoon in New York. I sat down in shock, stroking my 7-month pregnant belly, frightened at this new world for this new life. Dry-eyed, until a group of American politicians holding hands and singing the Star Spangled Banner on the steps of Congress made me cry and cry. Politicians were meant to hate each other. America was supposed to be the strongest country in the world. Everything was just so wrong.

--from Indisputable Topcat

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I was pregnant too, with my first and only child. He is growing up in the "new reality" of post 9/11 America.