Thursday, October 23, 2008

So You Know Someone Who Had a Miscarriage

A few days ago I was asked in the comments to talk more about what people can do or say when someone they know experiences a miscarriage or a similar situation. It has been really hard for me to answer that question because I know that ultimately I can only speak for myself. While so many of us share the same thread of miscarriage in our lives, we all deal with the experience differently. Some things that were comforting or helpful to me might be painful for another person. I know I've had people share quotes with me that they found comforting and it only made me want to gag, cry, and scream in an everlasting rotation.

So with that in mind, here I go: What to do when someone you know experiences a miscarriage...

Click here to continue reading...

Aurelia is the contributing editor for Early Pregnancy Loss. She writes daily at Aurelia Ann. She provides "thoughts-written-out-loud" in words and pictures.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

i have posted a lot about micarriage on my blog as well, and invite you to read this post in particular: http://brightonwoman.blogspot.com/2008/01/when-someone-miscarries.html