Monday, September 29, 2008

I Don't Have a Right to Know?

Today whilst reading a lovely first mums blog, I came across a link to an adoptees blog who had written this post "Adoptees Listen Up", I started to write a comment but realized it was going to be a long one, and that I really felt that I needed a blog post about it on my own blog to say "I have to say I don't agree."

But as one poster commented , whilst there may not be a *legal* right which of course is right, there is a moral right. That I do believe.

When you choose a path that is going to ultimately hurt someone that is a part of you, and their life course change forever, whether you were a willingly participant in that hurt and and change or not, (ie the BSE mums were not WILLING but my Mother was.) Then you absolutely do have a responsibility to tell that person why...why..their life was changed.

Click here to continue reading...

Adopted Jane is a guest blogger on Bridges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for having me on as a guest blogger :) please do also read the post on my blog so you can see the links to the people I have mentioned in the post

I welcome any emails through my little mail box top left hand corner on my blog - just click the mail box

Andy said...

Thank you for letting us see your side of the coin!